(Updated July 2021, originally published in 2020)
Think of those dark long nights, when you go to sleep early, sleep like a baby, and dream a beautiful dream, all night…
The Balsamic Moon brings to you those long, peaceful, restful nights…The space for you to connect deeply with your inner world.
The Balsamic Moon also known as the Waning Crescent offers the foundation for a strong manifestation practice.
In this article we’ll talk about:
– the meaning of this lunar phase
– release ritual
– dreams during the balsamic Moon
When is the next Balsamic Moon in 2021
The next Balsamic Moon in 2021 starts Monday 5 July 2021 and lasts until the New Moon on Saturday 10th July 2021.
It follows the Third Quarter Phase that started on the 1st July 2021.
Balsamic Moon Spiritual Meaning
This is the end of a moon cycle, a time to give yourself a well-deserved break. The night is dark. A time for deep, restorative sleep, for dreaming and allowing the unconscious to lead.
Perhaps you’re feeling a a little tired, your energy levels are lower than usual. Perhaps you feel a little confused or brain-fogged.
But your intuition is now stronger.
The Balsamic Moon is a great time to connect with your inner knowing, to connect with the Wise One archetype. Give yourself time and space to listen and honour your wisdom. This will greatly benefit you in the following stages of manifestation.
Balsamic Moon is a time to go within, reflect and release
Now is time to look at what projects, habits you don’t want to grow or perpetuate. What you are really ready to let go of.
Journalling with the Balsamic Moon
Reflect upon the last moon cycle. Look what went well for you and celebrate. It’s a great time to be grateful for how far you’ve come. Write down all your achievements and meditate on gratitude.
Only after you completed this step, now look at what didn’t work out and identify the causes. Ask yourself:
- Were my actions in alignment with what I really want to achieve?
- What patterns do I keep repeating that did not benefit me?
- What is holding me back?
- What is the story I tell myself about my ability to reach my goals and fulfill my deepest and most treasured desires?
- What am I willing and ready to let go of?
Balsamic Moon release ritual
Release and heal – Create time and space for letting go. Set your sacred space, if you’re not sure how, I wrote about how to create a sacred space at home in this article.
Here are some ideas of a release ritual
Imagine you’re inhaling a green healing light, and exhale whatever you intend to release.
Count 4-7-8 : Inhale the green light up to 4, hold it inside you up to 7 – and release what you no longer need up to 8. Continue for 10 minutes.
Imagine yourself bringing in white light cleansing energy, and grounding into the Earth what no longer serves you. Give it to the Earth to be transmuted into positive energy to nourish the Earth.
3.Write it down
Write it on a piece of paper and burn it or break the paper into pieces. This can be extremely powerful as it’s very physical. Be careful with fire though.
If you wish to resolve deeper issues and you are not confident to do it yourself, this is a great time receive energy healing from your favourite practitioner.
How to connect with your dreams during the Balsamic Moon
Allow yourself time and space to DREAM.
Clear your mind and make space for new dreams to take form.
Some things you can do at this time:
To still your mind and relax, without attachment. Mindfulness meditation is great at this time. Do not go into dream visualisation yet. Just allow your mind to quieten and give yourself permission to receive, without sending out anything.
You can also clear your mind doing your exercises. Try to keep yourself anchored in the present moment. Ideally, choose exercises that are easy on your body as the physical energy is not at the highest level.
Take a ritualistic bath
Allow your senses to take over, allow the water to hold you in its warmth. You can add 3 drops of your favourite relaxing essential oil: Lavender, Geranium, Frankincense.
Things to do during the Balsamic Moon
- Detox – this is a time that is very suitable for detox. You can dedicate this practice to a specific intention if you wish.
- Rest and restore as much as you can, sleep more, go inwards
- Shadow work – if you are ready for it, this is the perfect moment
- If you want your short this is a time to cut it as it won’t grow back quickly
- This is a favourable time for medical interventions as pain and bleeding is reduces and healing will soon be facilitated at the time of New Moon.
What NOT to do during the Balsamic Moon
- Do not start a new project just yet – this is not a time for action.
- Don’t force yourself to figure out things, simply relax and surrender. This is a great time for healing and allowing the Universe to do its part.
- Do not plant seeds in the garden (Literally), as they won’t grow due to lack of water and life-force energy. The Earth cannot support growth at this time
- Do not cut your hair if you wish it to grow back – it will grow slow
- This is not a time for action.
I wish you a smooth healing process during this Moon phase and don’t forget to check other Moon articles to have the complete picture of the cycle.
Until next time,