I wrote in a previous article how to get yourself prepared to manifest with the Moon and take your time for healing, dreaming and intuition. As we move into the New Moon cycle, here are the essential steps to make your practice more effective and manifest with ease.
The New Moon is the time zero in the lunar cycle, the one moment when the moon is completely dark. This is an intense time of new possibilities. The moon sits perfectly between the Sun and the Earth. The unseen side of the Moon is most illuminated, when the visible side is dark. The Moon rises early morning, moments before the Sun rises too and she sets at the same time as the Sun sets. This makes the New Moon night, a dark night.
It feels an intense accumulation of energy generated by the Sun, but this energy is yet to be seen, we are at a time of facing the unknown. You can’t see the light just yet. This is the time to plant the seeds of your intentions into the world and commit to what you want to achieve.
This is a cyclic time of new beginnings, rebirth and greatest potential.
As you passed the healing phase at the end of the previous cycle, you are now ready to welcome new ideas and visualise what you really want.
5 steps to set your New Moon intentions
🌕Write it down
Find a quiet space and time for yourself to reflect on what you want. Light a candle, breathe in and out a couple of times and feel your heart. Stay there for a couple of minutes to still your mind. Perhaps ask your heart what do you really want to invite in your life at this time?
When you are ready take your journal or a piece of paper and write down everything you want to achieve in the following moon cycle. Write it down, no matter big or small.
Extra tip: Keep it SMART.
Specific – Measurable – Achievable – Relevant – Timely
For example: My goal is to lose 2 pounds by the end of the month is much better than – I want to lose weight.
Or: my goal is to have a turnover of X anount the following month – sounds much better than – I want to make my business profitable.
You now have your list with big and small goals and intentions. Now break it down into the following:
1 – Big goals that require a major change on my side and are essential to me
2 – Small goals that are important to me
3 – Goals ( big or small) that are not so important or urgent
Now look at list 1 and choose 1 or 2 goals that you feel are urgent, very important for you and move to the next step.
🌕Feel It and See it
After you decided to one or 2 important goals – reflect upon each of them and respond to these questions
How do I want to feel? How my life would look like when I’ll reach this goal? Visualise yourself with your goal accomplished.
How will this impact my health? How this will impact my relationships? How about my wellbeing?
Does this make me feel expansive, joyful, enthusiastic, full of energy, motivated? Why do I want it?
Keep those positive feelings and images of your life in your heart.
This is also a great time to decide if there’s anything there that you don’t truly want. If the feeling is of constriction, plain feelings and indifference, be honest with yourself about that and don’t keep that goal on your list.
If you want to do this exercise for your objectives, wishes, intentions on your list 2, go ahead. But I suggest to rather focus your energy on what is the most important, rather than lose yourself in small details. Those non-essentials can wait, or they may happen without making great efforts.
For those 1 or 2 important intentions on your list – make a little plan on how you’d achieve it. Get clear on your next steps.
For example: if you wish to lose weight look at small simpl changes you can implement in your life: example quit unhealthy snacks and replace them with nuts/seeds/fruits. Or do 30 minutes of exercises every day.
If your goal is your business turnover to increase at whatever figure, some action steps may be: I’ll contact 5 new potential collaborators to stock my products, or schedule 5 client meetings next week.
🌕 Release it
Send your intention out – this is your time – meditate, create a ritual, set a special time to send your intentions out there.
I can’t state enough the importance of ritual and sacred space.
How to do your own New Moon ritual at home.
- Intention is key – this is a New Moon intention setting so you have your intention.
- Sacred space – a candle, perhaps some sage or incense, a crystal – a clear quartz will do the job for any intention. Some peaceful music.
- Meditation – start with a couple of minutes of meditation to still your mind.
- The ritual – releasing the intentions into the universe – you can simply do this in form of a prayer, visualising yourself with your intentions accomplished, or visualising your wishes sent into the world. A powerful technique is to speak it out loud, as this takes a physical form.
- Gratitude – give thanks for the support, sacred space and for Spirit being with you at this time
Extra tips to effectively manifest with the New Moon:
- incorporate the elements of each New Moon into your manifestation ritual:
– when the Moon moves into a Fire sign ( Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) perhaps you can do a fire ceremony, burn a red candle or use a red crystal for your ritual.
-when the New Moon moves into an Air sign ( Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) use the wind, the movement, hold your ceremony outside
– when the New Moon moves in a Water sign ( Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) incorporate a water element in your ceremony – hold the ceremony near water, have a bowl of water with you as an addition to your altar, or a blue crystal.
-when the New Moon moves into an Earth sign ( Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) use an element of Earth – plant seeds.
- Use a crystal specifically for your intentions – citrine for financial abundance, red jasper for action, rhodonite for love, turquoise if you want to write a book, malachite if you want to help more people.
- be flexible: sometimes you may want to adjust the end goal and that’s OK
- be open to new opportunities
- follow the signs
Do you want to learn how to effectively work with the Moon to manifest your wishes? Do you want to receive power, healing, guidance from the Moon? Do you want to know what is best to do at what time in the Moon cycle to harness the most beneficial energies for your goals?
I teach you all of these and much more in my 4 weeks Moon Manifestation live online course.
Keen to start your Moon journey?
Until next time,